The LODGE Lodge Logic Double Dutch Oval L8DD3 is a new model with a deep lid and a handle on the kitchen oven loop handle. Lid can also be used as a skillet. You can roll a sponge cake or dish potato or flip it over for double sided cooking. After many years of research from Lodge, this is a ready-to-use. The Lodge Logic has been finished with a coating on the surface to give it a stately finished product that has been used for many years. LODGE Lodge was born in 1896 by Joseph Lodge in South Pittsburgh, USA. Since then, we have been adhering to cast irons with the belief that choosing good tools is the first step in creating delicious dishes. LODGE cast iron products are pre-seasoned with soy oil and factory use. Just pop it out of the box and wash it with warm water and you can use it immediately without any messy break-in. Cast iron features slow transfer of heat. Cast iron may be similar to stone than iron with high heat conductivity. Furthermore, the flesh build of 5 mm enhances its metallic properties. This gives you the heat control that other cookware can, and brings the flavor of the ingredients out of the core. It can be used for direct flames, induction heaters, halogen heaters, as well as in the oven. Not for microwave use
Pot part: Inner diameter: 1.0 inches (25.5 cm), Depth: 3.9 inches (10 cm)
Lid: Inner Diameter: 9.6 inches (24.5 cm), Depth: 1.8 inches (4.5 cm)
Specifications: Pre-seasoned (soy oil)
Thickness: 0.2 inch (5 mm)
Compatible cookware: Direct flame, induction cooking heater, halogen heater, oven, dishwasher
Size: Overall: Outer Diameter: 10.4 inches (26.5 cm)
技術仕様.
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 19, 2020
The trouble with baking bread in a fan oven is that the fan creates a dry atmosphere, whereas the bread requires a steamy atmosphere at least for the first few minutes. This keeps the crust soft, allowing the moisture in the dough to escape, the internal gas bubbles to expand, and the loaf to swell in what is usually called 'oven spring'. To overcome the fan problem, many home bakers adv ocate baking the bread in a metal, preferably cast iron, casserole which will retain the steam escaping from the loaf. On the other hand, it can be tricky lowerig a loaf into a deep, very hot container, or retrieving the baked loaf afterwards. I knew what I wanted but spent age looking for it. It's here in this Lodge Dutch oven with loop handles, meaning it doesn't have a knob handle on top and can be used upside down! This is what I do: Put the casserole and lid in the oven, right side up, and switch on. When the oven is up to temperature, remove the lid, invert it on the bench, and sprinkle the inside of the lid with semolina to avoid sticking. Place the shaped loaf on the hot lid, score as usual. Take the other part of the casserole, when we might call the body, out of your oven, turn it upside down, and place onto the lid, covering the loaf. Return lid, loaf and 'body' to your oven. 10-15 minutes before baking is due to be complete, remove the 'body', exposing the loaf so that the crust can brown to your satisfaction. Works well for me!
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 17, 2018
This is my favourite bit of kitchen equipment. Pricey but so worth it for the results I get using it to bake sourdough bread in. Bread doesn’t stick at all. It is pre seasoned when you get it and I just rinse it with hot water so as not to take away the “seasoning”.
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 21, 2016
Hubby and I just did a massive fry of buttermilk chicken and we're stoked! This Dutch oven is simply the perfect size for any fry-ups. The oil splattering on the counter-tops.... A thing of the past! You might like to know that the rim is slim enough to slot on your thermometer when trying the attain the ideal frying temperature. You might also like to know that it works like a charm on our induction stove too. One just has to be careful about NOT sliding the dutch oven on the stove as it might scratch the surface. It's a beauty but it also weighs a ton! We're going for another round of southern fried chicken before braising some short beef ribs and shoving it into the oven to cook low and slow! To say the least, we're very satisfied with this purchase. It's got a lovely rustic quality to it compared to the other mainstream brands. Quite frankly, I find those enameled Dutch ovens a little over-rated and denies you the feeling of a good ol' country campfire cooking! FYI, internal measurements of this 5 quart piece are width 24 cm and height 10.5 cm. I'd suggest comparing these measurements with your existing battery of pots to see if this could be your next ideal kitchen accessory.
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 25, 2018
I bought this pot for principally for baking bread in. My first loaf has been a total success. I got a good oven spring and the bread came out of the pot very easily. It''s the perfect size for a round loaf. What I hadn't considered is how versatile it is. I've also used it for a slow cook curry which again worked very well. Cleaning it is easy, just soap and water. But the surface, although "seasoned" is slightly rough, so it took a little gentle scrubbing to removed baked in curry sauce (hence only 4 stars for Easy to Clean). You can tell that even with minimal care, it will last a lifetime. Only thing to consider, is that it is quite heavy, you really do need to hold it with both hands. So wouldn't be something to recommend for someone who is frail. But overall extremely pleased with it.
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 25, 2021
Ok first time lodge owner,I have cooked with cast iron (French)This is the first real cast iron item I have ever bought. I wanted real old school, keen home cook and the heritage was a important thing for me as well as performance.So build qualityAmazing!!!!!! Very well made, its cast iron cast in sand so that reflects in the finish and its not a problem at all.Heat retention Amazing buy this and energy bills must come down it cooks well on very low heat once it up to temp really good.Really easy to look after, just remember dry after washing and a wee rub of oil and thats it.Ok lodge say ready to use out of the box!!!!!! Disagree most definitely , it was Christmas eve and I was making soup for Christmas day , things going well it came to the first taste and thought WTF yes my friends metallic could have cried. I have a far bit of lodge all bought at the same time and its how I want to cook .Back to the soup. Sat down and thought hope this can be sorted or its going to be devastating.Good News,Read on the Internet for a solution,Season Season seasonI seasoned it 4 time and I was so happy this now kicks ass the best thing I have ever purchased and its for life.So buy with confidence season it at least 3 times before use and your sorted.Happy cooking!!!!!
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 8, 2019
Having spent summer holidays working in foundries in my youth I am well able to spot quality castings. This is very good.The lid base join is a good fit.The top doubles as a pan in itself.The seasoned finish makes it all but non stick.
N/A
Reviewed in Canada on July 16, 2020
I'm a passionate sourdough baker. Many recommend Lodge products, so I ordered the 5 quart L8DD3. The finish was very inconsistent, with chips (which were in the pot) that revealing the iron below. I contacted Amazon immediately, and they gave me the option of a free replacement, or refund. I chose replacement, and today the replacement arrived. The machining on this one was far worse, as if they had a machining problem in the factory, as on one side of the unit, and one side of the lid, the machining was very poor, and was hard, sharp, and not at all smooth, as compared to the other side of the unit. I'm sorry to say that the quality control at Lodge leaves a lot to be desired. I'm guessing no "human hands or eyes" are involved in the manufacturing, as this one (which was worse than the first) should have never left the factory. I purchased the Overland version of this pot, which is almost identical in size (and less expensive), and it arrived perfectly finished, top, bottom, and all sides. I guess "made in America" isn't what it used to be.
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 21, 2017
Bakes really good no knead bread, makes good stews and the super awesome this is that the lid also works as a lid on my skillet
Lodge 26.04 cm / 10.25 inch Cast Iron Round Skillet/Frying Pan
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 28, 2021
I’ve had read the other’s review about the similar defect on only one side of the unit before I ordered the item.Unfortunately mine was the same.I don’t know if it’s manufacturing problem, but if it’s how could nearly 9000 buyers gave such good reviews?This is why I decided to order this item from the first place, in spite of some bad reviews.I didn’t expect that it could be me. :-(As you see on the pics, one side of the unit, and one side of the lid, coating is already off, or not coated properly.On one side of the unit, overall coating is very poor and rough comparing to the other side of the unit.Inside of the pot, the coating is not even, I could see lots of tiny coated bubbles.I requested replacement immediately but they pended my replacement order for 5 days without informing the reason. I only can guess the reason myself as the item is currently out of stock on Amazon website.So, I cancelled the item and bought a different cast-iron dutch oven.Afterward, I realised that the Lodge cast iron pot I’d received was simply defect or poorly quality.If it’s a defect in manufacturing process, Lodge shouldn’t release the defected items for sale.Also Amazon should manage replacement service in better way. I pay Amazon prime membership for fast delivery and better service.I couldn’t get the item for about a week since the first order made and had to cancel the replacement order without knowing the pending reason. I tried to know why it’s pending, but I only could access to ‘AI chat’, keep saying ‘we email you when it’s dispatched’.Very disappointed!
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 1, 2020
This is my new favorite piece of cooking equipment. Although heavy, as one would expect from cast iron, the versatility and ease of cleaning make this a fantastic purchase. I have used it to bake bread (Jim Lahey no-knead bread recipe), make soups, stews, and curries. I am vegan, but for meat eaters this would be perfect for roasting, braising. It conducts heat beautifully and you can cook at lower temperatures. You must read and follow the directions for cleaning (no scrubbing or detergents) to protect the seasoned finish. Over a short period of time the pot becomes fabulously resistant to food sticking to it. Oh, and I love that you can use it upside down with the top as the bottom. Love, love, love this!
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 1, 2018
What a great buy! I use it mainly for my bread bakes upside down. Just perfect. the lid can be used on its own for cooking steaks on the oven or in an open fire or conventionally for stews or cooking large meats or casseroles. Great as a slow cooker.
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 23, 2021
I have wanted one of these for a while but waited for a good price as (like most items on Amazon) it can vary quite a bit! I mostly use the pan as a Dutch oven for bread but it can be used for so many other recipes if used and cleaned properly. Some reviews here gave it 1 star for quality but mine was fine. There should not be any sharp edges but several reviews commented on the seasoning being chipped. This is a heavy pan and lid that is shipped from the USA. It has likely travelled a long way and may get the odd mark to the seasoning exposing the iron beneath. This is very easily remedied by seasoning the pan yourself and I would advise the following for any cast iron cookware you buy anyway. 1. Give it a really good clean with hot soapy water (yes soapy but this time only!) To get any dust, dirt oil or manufacturing residue off the pan. Put it in your oven as hot as it will go to ensure it is 100% dry. Leave to cool then apply oil (I use sunflower as not a fan off the smell of "vegetable oil") to the inside surfaces including the lid using some paper towel. Put it back in the oven at a high heat to bake the oil into the cast iron and give it a protective surface. This will repair any scuff marks from shipping. When baking bread I use the pan upside down so the bread sits on the inside of the lid. The handles being on the side means that it sits flat. I also don't align the handles of the lid and pan so they are easier to lift separately. Some will say that you can't cook "acidic" food like tomatoe sauce in a cast iron pan but as long as it is seasoned well this is 100% OK! After baking bread a wipe with a damp cloth removes any flour and I have never had any major sticking issues. If you do then it might need another season. Clean (no soap), dry, add oil, heat to high heat (normally the smoke point of the oil you are using) and leave to cool and you are good to go! It might sound like a lot of work but it really isn't and these pans will out last anything else in your kitchen including you!
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 25, 2018
It’s solid to withstand abuse and doubles as Dutch Oven for a perfect and moist roasting. Another notable quality is the consistency of the texture adding to its aesthetic quality unlike my other cheap cast iron which has a “map” stain after several use. Highly recommend
N/A
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 18, 2019
I’m absolutely in love with this - one of the best kitchen purchase I’ve made. I found it after seeing lots of positive reference as a go-to bit of equipment on US camping / outdoor websites. I bought it for camping and outdoor cooking, but I’ve used it a surprising amount inside. Some fantastic stews and baked bread have emerged from it - and being able to use the lid as a skillet (on its own or with the base on top!) is a major bonus. I always wash it out and oil it pretty soon after, and when I have had to leave it boiling some water in it lifts stuff off straight away. So while this obviously can’t be stuck in the dishwasher it’s not a chore to clean it out - just a minute. Almost feels like a bit of a ceremony, as it’s such a gorgeous piece of metal. Versatile, easy to clean, and There is something strongly evocative about it. Wish I’d discovered cast iron in general and Lodge in particular a long time ago!
N/A
Reviewed in Canada on June 2, 2020
I have several older Lodge products which is what led me to buy this what is a poorly constructed iron boat anchor.The "business" sides of both the pan and lid are a disgrace to Lodge family name.These cooking surfaces are both as rough and pock marked as my concrete garage floor.No exaggeration. This thing is a true piece of pig iron junk.This is the last piece new Lodge cookware I will ever, ever touch.
第151章 Double Dutch Delight EASTから感じたこと
デライトにかけている学生は多いと思います。 その想いは、イベントやWS、オンラインコーチングなどから学生と関わることが多いため、ひしひしと伝わってきます。 今年のデライトで勝ったチーム。負けたチーム。があります。 圧倒的に負けたチームが ...
Mercedes-AMG Petronas retains Formula Pro Series lead
Bono Huis once again took victory in Formula Pro Series, this time at the Nürburgring - but Team Redline took second and third to keep the pressure on.
シルク・ド・ソレイユという大きな夢を叶えたNOBUさんから学ぶ、夢 ...
NOBUさんは、現在、シルク・ド・ソレイユの現役”ダブルダッチ”パフォーマー。 日本人で現在も現役でシルク・ド・ソレイユのパフォーマーをなさっているのは、なんと、NOBUさんのチームの五人だけ!(2021年3月インタビュー時) そんな大きな夢を叶えた ...
ロゴスから油慣らし不要でIHでも使える軽量ダッチオーブンと ...
鉄鍋の「LOGOS 鉄の職人ダッチ」は9790円(税込)、フライパンの「LOGOS 鉄の職人グリルパン16」は3740円(税込)、 「LOGOS 鉄の職人グリルパン13」は3190円(税込)です。 LOGOS 鉄の職人は、鉄板を丹念にヘラで絞って成形するヘラ絞り加工で作った、本格を ...
THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE山本彰吾&与那嶺瑠唯が果敢に挑戦!「自分 ...
山本「普段やっているパフォーマンスとは全然違いました」 ◆日本舞踊を体験されているところから、収録を拝見させてもらいましたが、お2人とも終始「難しい」と口にされていました。ダブルダッチと日本舞踊を体験してみて、感想を教えてください。 与那嶺:ダブルダッチは本当にアグレッシブというか、アクロバットに近い感覚がありましたね。実際にやってみると、やっている方たちの“好き”もシェアしてもらえましたし、その ...
第151章 Double Dutch Delight EASTから感じたこと
デライトにかけている学生は多いと思います。 その想いは、イベントやWS、オンラインコーチングなどから学生と関わることが多いため、ひしひしと伝わってきます。 今年のデライトで勝ったチーム。負けたチーム。があります。 圧倒的に負けたチームが ...
Mercedes-AMG Petronas retains Formula Pro Series lead
Bono Huis once again took victory in Formula Pro Series, this time at the Nürburgring - but Team Redline took second and third to keep the pressure on.
シルク・ド・ソレイユという大きな夢を叶えたNOBUさんから学ぶ、夢 ...
NOBUさんは、現在、シルク・ド・ソレイユの現役”ダブルダッチ”パフォーマー。 日本人で現在も現役でシルク・ド・ソレイユのパフォーマーをなさっているのは、なんと、NOBUさんのチームの五人だけ!(2021年3月インタビュー時) そんな大きな夢を叶えた ...
ロゴスから油慣らし不要でIHでも使える軽量ダッチオーブンと ...
鉄鍋の「LOGOS 鉄の職人ダッチ」は9790円(税込)、フライパンの「LOGOS 鉄の職人グリルパン16」は3740円(税込)、 「LOGOS 鉄の職人グリルパン13」は3190円(税込)です。 LOGOS 鉄の職人は、鉄板を丹念にヘラで絞って成形するヘラ絞り加工で作った、本格を ...
THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE山本彰吾&与那嶺瑠唯が果敢に挑戦!「自分 ...
山本「普段やっているパフォーマンスとは全然違いました」 ◆日本舞踊を体験されているところから、収録を拝見させてもらいましたが、お2人とも終始「難しい」と口にされていました。ダブルダッチと日本舞踊を体験してみて、感想を教えてください。 与那嶺:ダブルダッチは本当にアグレッシブというか、アクロバットに近い感覚がありましたね。実際にやってみると、やっている方たちの“好き”もシェアしてもらえましたし、その ...
Our Editors Love This Budget-Friendly Cast-Iron Dutch Oven—and It's 39% off on Amazon
After consulting friends, family and lots of Facebook groups, I finally landed on the perfect Dutch oven for me. My Lodge 6-Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven (buy it: on sale for $70, was $119; ...
The Misen Dutch Oven Costs Half as Much as a Le Creuset But Does More in the Kitchen
It’s no secret we love a Dutch oven —they make the best stews and pot roasts, transition from burner to oven seamlessly, will last for years with proper care ...
This Chic $45 Dutch Oven Works Just as Well as Le Creuset’s, and It Has Over 11,700 5 ...
With over 20,000 five-star reviews on Amazon, the Lodge cast iron dutch oven is as easy on the eyes and the stomach as it is on the wallet.
Don't Panic, But Amazon's Taking Over 50% Off Lodge's Dutch Oven
To help us get a little more excited for our fall recipes, the Everything Store has slashed the price of Lodge's Dutch oven. Proudly made in the United States, Lodge has a knack for making top-tier ...
57%オフも!Amazonタイムセールで「ダッチオーブン」や「クーラー ...
Amazon(アマゾン)で毎日開催されているAmazonタイムセール、今日2021年8月17日は「ダッチオーブン」や「クーラーボックス」ほか、今すぐ欲しい人気のアイテムがお得に多数登場しています。 なお、以下の表示価格は2021年8月17日8時00分現在のもの。変更や売り切れの可能性もありますので、それぞれ販売ページでご確認ください(サイズやカラー選択も可能ですが、一部セール対象外のサイズ・カラー ...