Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek MythsMass Market Paperback – October 1, 1984

Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek Myths Mass Market Paperback – October 1, 1984
Rating
製品の詳細
N/A

N/A
Item Model
N/A
技術仕様.
Publisher‏: ‎Laurel Leaf; Reprint edition (October 1, 1984)
Publication date‏: ‎October 1, 1984
Language‏: ‎English
Mass Market Paperback‏: ‎240 pages
ISBN-10‏: ‎0553259202
ISBN-13‏: ‎978-0553259209
Reading age‏: ‎12 years and up
Dimensions‏: ‎4.13 x 0.62 x 6.81 inches
Byline
English Edition by {"isAjaxInProgress_B001HCUY4W":"0","isAjaxComplete_B001HCUY4W":"0"} Bernard Evslin (著) › Visit Amazon's Bernard Evslin Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See Search Results show Are you an author? Learn about Author Central Bernard Evslin (著)
Merchant
Ships from Amazon.co.jp Sold by Amazon.co.jp
All Variant
N/A
Size Variations
N/A
Colour Variations
N/A
Variation Details
N/A
Review

N/A
Reviewed in Canada on November 18, 2014

A marvelous author and wonderful stories

N/A
Reviewed in Canada on November 18, 2014

A marvelous author and wonderful stories

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on September 1, 2018

I was disappointed that this book uses the short-sentence, monosyllabic-word style that I associate with the most jejune and dumbed-down elementary school textbooks. For very elementary readers, or readers just getting started in English as a second or third language, this text is just difficult enough. For intelligent readers with good reading skills at a fourth grade level or higher, I suggest W.H.D. Rouse's treatment instead: it does not spoon-feed or talk down to the reader, and is written in a livelier but far more erudite style that asks a bit more of the reader but delivers far more reward in return.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on September 1, 2018

I was disappointed that this book uses the short-sentence, monosyllabic-word style that I associate with the most jejune and dumbed-down elementary school textbooks. For very elementary readers, or readers just getting started in English as a second or third language, this text is just difficult enough. For intelligent readers with good reading skills at a fourth grade level or higher, I suggest W.H.D. Rouse's treatment instead: it does not spoon-feed or talk down to the reader, and is written in a livelier but far more erudite style that asks a bit more of the reader but delivers far more reward in return.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on July 21, 2017

An easy read, but surprisingly coherent considering all the disparate threads of stories that constitute the Greek Myths. A good decent read especially for someone with more than a passing interest but less than an academic one.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on July 21, 2017

An easy read, but surprisingly coherent considering all the disparate threads of stories that constitute the Greek Myths. A good decent read especially for someone with more than a passing interest but less than an academic one.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on September 22, 2016

Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek Myths offers easy-to-read, easy-to-understand stories about the great Greek myths. I don't find many textbooks approachable and sort of gave up on finding an understanding of classical Greek stories. This book was the remedy; I'm glad I found it.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on September 22, 2016

Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek Myths offers easy-to-read, easy-to-understand stories about the great Greek myths. I don't find many textbooks approachable and sort of gave up on finding an understanding of classical Greek stories. This book was the remedy; I'm glad I found it.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on July 14, 2010

I have ordered and purchased many mythology books. My 9 year old is interested in mythology and has read numerous books. After purchasing this book, I can say it not only holds adults, but it captures children as well. My 7 year old highly active and bouncing off the walls can't wait till I read him another story from this book. He sits through them all. He longs to hear more. I don't believe the author meant for his book to be read by children, it holds them captive as well. Out of all the books I have on mythology, this is one I recommend. It doesn't becoming boring, there is no skipping through pages, skimming through chapters, etc. It tells the stories well and holds you there.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on July 14, 2010

I have ordered and purchased many mythology books. My 9 year old is interested in mythology and has read numerous books. After purchasing this book, I can say it not only holds adults, but it captures children as well. My 7 year old highly active and bouncing off the walls can't wait till I read him another story from this book. He sits through them all. He longs to hear more. I don't believe the author meant for his book to be read by children, it holds them captive as well. Out of all the books I have on mythology, this is one I recommend. It doesn't becoming boring, there is no skipping through pages, skimming through chapters, etc. It tells the stories well and holds you there.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2008

I have truly enjoyed reading this book. I have some children's books on mythology that I read to my kids, and I found the topic so interesting I wanted a little something for myself. This is a great light reading of mythology for adults (or teens). I have always had a fascination with greek mythology - but when I took a college course in greek mythology - I felt that the professor pretty much killed any interest I had in the topic. Basically he threw us into some difficult text without much background info - and I ended up bored and "un-enlightened". Thankfully I rekindled this interest by reading to my kids. This particular book is just wonderful, especially if you are new to mythology - because the writing is very straight forward and accessible, yet fun and intriguing. Had I just started with this book in college, I probably would have read many more books, and ultimately waded into the more complex writing of the Greek plays. This is just the book to stoke the flames for anybody looking for a first adult book about the greek myths.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2008

I have truly enjoyed reading this book. I have some children's books on mythology that I read to my kids, and I found the topic so interesting I wanted a little something for myself. This is a great light reading of mythology for adults (or teens). I have always had a fascination with greek mythology - but when I took a college course in greek mythology - I felt that the professor pretty much killed any interest I had in the topic. Basically he threw us into some difficult text without much background info - and I ended up bored and "un-enlightened". Thankfully I rekindled this interest by reading to my kids. This particular book is just wonderful, especially if you are new to mythology - because the writing is very straight forward and accessible, yet fun and intriguing. Had I just started with this book in college, I probably would have read many more books, and ultimately waded into the more complex writing of the Greek plays. This is just the book to stoke the flames for anybody looking for a first adult book about the greek myths.

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2016

Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek Myths is a collection of retellings of Greek myths and stories with lots of biographies and gods and heroes. It is aimed at middle grade kids so they are short and basic. I highly recommend this book!

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2016

Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek Myths is a collection of retellings of Greek myths and stories with lots of biographies and gods and heroes. It is aimed at middle grade kids so they are short and basic. I highly recommend this book!

N/A
Reviewed in the United States on November 7, 2019

Stories of the Greek Gods, the Hero's of the Greek myths and the Monster of Greek mythology. Interesting but long winded.

デビュー3年で楽曲、人気は不動のものに 84年、アルバム「POSSIBILITY ...
中森明菜の“旅曲”を集めたアルバム『POSSIBILITY(ポシビリティ)』が発売されたのは1984年10月10日だった。 キャッチ・コピーは《明菜の中に無限の宇宙を見た。》。明菜にとっては通算6枚目のスタジオ録音アルバムでもある。 初登場1位に輝いたシングル・ヒット曲『サザン・ウインド』、そして『十戒(1984)』を収録した上、さらに『北ウイング』の“続編”として康珍化(詞)と林哲司(曲)コンビ ...

【みんな生きている】横田めぐみさん[横浜市・写真展1]/NTV〈埼玉〉
《インチキ遺骨ではなくて、拉致被害者を返せ!拉致被害者・横田めぐみさんの写真展始まる》 北朝鮮による拉致被害者・横田めぐみさんの写真展が8月13日から始まりました。 写真展では、めぐみさんと家族の写真や、初公開の書き初め作品等98点が展示されています。 訪れた母の早紀江さんは懐かしそうに写真を見つめ、娘との再会へ向けた決意を語りました。 「(写真を見ると)全部が思い出される。必ず解決して、みんなが ...

【みんな生きている】横田めぐみさん[横浜市・写真展1]/TeNY
《インチキ遺骨ではなくて、拉致被害者を返せ!拉致被害者・横田めぐみさんの写真展始まる》 北朝鮮による拉致被害者・横田めぐみさんの写真展が8月13日から始まりました。 写真展では、めぐみさんと家族の写真や、初公開の書き初め作品等98点が展示されています。 訪れた母の早紀江さんは懐かしそうに写真を見つめ、娘との再会へ向けた決意を語りました。 「(写真を見ると)全部が思い出される。必ず解決して、みんなが ...

【地上波洋画劇場】あのスパイダーマンの宿敵が主人公のマーベル ...
今宵の地上波洋画劇場は、2018年に公開されたマーベル映画『ヴェノム』の魅力を紹介!長年、スパイダーマンの宿敵として存在感を発揮してきた驚異のヴィランが満を持してスピンオフ映画化!主演のトム・ハーディの熱演がとにかく光る! 【地上波洋画劇場】とは、地上波洋画放送全盛の時代とは異なり、いまやTVで映画を楽しむ機会が減ってしまった全日本人にもう一度、映画の楽しさを再発見してもらいたい一心で始まった企画 ...

「Tom Clancy's」お祭り新作『エックスディファイアント』記念 ...
ユービーアイソフトは、新作アリーナシューター『エックスディファイアント(Tom Clancy's XDefiant)』をPC/PS5/PS4/Xbox Series X|S/Xbox One/Google Stadia向けに近日配信することを発表しました。 東京オリンピック開会式への怒りと絶望...ゲームへのリスペクトがない演出とそれをありがたがる人々が許しがたい【コラム】 本作は『ゴーストリコン ...